Top and back of this future classic hollow body model are made of precious and elegantly grained and sealed bubinga wood. The sides are solid bubinga. The glued neck (like the original Framus Star Bass) of the Warwick Star Bass II is made of Ovangkol and it has a Wenge fingerboard. In order to get the Starbass II's killer tone to the amplifier, Warwick outfitted the instrument with 2 passive MEC CRB single coil pickups. They deliver a full and warm sound without the characteristic single coil hum. Your ears will be amazed when they hear how defined and clean the bass lines play on this dream instrument!
- Set Neck
- available as 4- and 5-string version
- Lefthanded and fretless version available*
- Laminated Bubinga pommele top and back, solid sides
- 3 stripes Ovangkol neck
- Wenge fingerboard
- Scale length: 34" (long scale)
- 21 frets
- Passive MEC Starbass Single Coil and passive MEC electronics
- Natural Satin Finish, Natural High Polish Finish
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls
- 2-piece Warwick bridge
- Warwick machine heads
- Chrome or Gold (extra charge) hardware
- Just A Nut III
- Warwick Black Label strings longscale (.045" - .105")
- Including Warwick "User Kit"
- Including Flightcase RC 10807 B W
* without extra charge
Many colour/finish options available.