Introducing the Kurzweil SP6. Powerfully Simple.
Following the standard of sonic excellence established by the Forte®, Forte SE and PC3 series, the SP6, powered by the new LENA® processor, brings your performance to new heights with its astonishing sound quality, light-weight, depth of control and simple operation - all within easy reach.
2 Gigabytes of Sounds!
Hear the new High Definition Japanese Grand and German D Grand, each optimized especially for the SP6 and featuring "KSR" - Kurzweil String Resonance. The SP6 offers all of the sample content from the Forte SE and features a wide selection of tailored sounds from the acclaimed Forte® and Forte SE (EP, Clav, Celeste, Crotales, Harpsichord), as well as PC3 Series and KORE 64™ expansions - all handcrafted to deliver more control over these sounds than we've ever presented before.
Patented FlashPlay® Technology
Powered by Flash-Play®, the SP6 boots in 11 seconds with 2 GB of on-board sample content, zero-loading time, loads of powerful DSP and ultrafast performance. Load programs from the Forte, Forte SE and PC3 family*.
*(some restrictions apply)
Powerful FX Engine
Experience more simultaneous FX in your performance multis and external sequencing! - and tweak away with dedicated knob assignments. Featuring 32 FX units of horsepower, enjoy award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more.
K.S.R. - Kurzweil String Resonance
Piano string resonance modeling for enhanced acoustic piano performance!
KB3 ToneReal™ Organs
Modeled after classic organs. Featuring real-time performance controls.
At only 27 lb (12 kg) the SP6 is our lightest professional 88-note model ever!
88-note Hammer-Action Keyboard
Every sound within the SP6 is perfectly matched to its 88-note fully-weighted hammer-action keyboard. Further tailor the SP6 response to your playing style via 10 selectable key velocity maps.
Looking for a pulse? Activate up to 4 independent Arps (1 per program, 4 per Multi) with dedicated on/off and tap tempo buttons.
20 MIDI Controllers
Maximize your real-time control over every preset via the SP6's 4 Knobs*, 1 Switch, 2 Wheels, 2 Dual-Switch Pedal Inputs**, and 1 Continuous Control Pedal Input.
*(configured as 4x3 = 12 virtual controls)
**(support for half-damper pedal for pianos or up to 4 standard switch pedals / 1 standard sustain/switch pedal is included).
Easy Access Controls
Pitch/Modulation wheels along with dedicated
-/+ Transpose and sound Variation controls conveniently located right on the front panel.
Easy Category and Program/Multi selection and assignment. Enjoy per-program instant demos to quickly audition each sound.
Access your Favorite sounds with ONE button press! Conveniently located right below the SP6's display.
Get deeper into editing your SP6 using free external software editors for Mac OS X, Windows PC and iOS* devices (*coming soon)!
Download the Desktop Editor here!
SP6 Features & Specs
All specifications subject to change without notice.
- Keyboard: 88 note fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity sensitive keys
- Display: 128x64 pixel monochrome LCD
- Polyphony: 128 voice polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- VAST: Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology
- KB3: ToneReal emulation
- VA1: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth
- Quick Split/Layer: Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 4 zones)
- Factory Programs: 256
- User Programs: 1024
- Factory Multis: 130
- User Multis: 1024
- Favorites: 5
- Compatibility: 100% compatibility with Forte SE programs
- Load sounds from the Forte and PC3 family programs*
- *(some restrictions apply)
- General MIDI: No
- Kurzweil String Resonance: Yes
- Piano Damper Noise: Yes
- Effects: Hundreds of complex effect chains, incorporated into programs featuring our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more.
- 32 total FX units
- Controllers: 1 pitch wheel
- 1 modulation wheel
- 4 front panel knobs (configured as 4x3 = 12 virtual controls)
- 1 variation switch
- 1 arp switch
- 2 transpose switches
- 1 tap tempo switch
- *2 dual-switch pedal inputs
- 1 continuous control pedal inputs
- *(1 switch/sustain pedal is included; supports dual switch and half-damper for pianos / dual & half-damper pedals sold separately)
- Arpeggiators: 1-per Program, 4-per Multi
- Analog Outputs: Two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (32-bit DACs)
- Headphones: 1 back-panel 1/4" headphone output
- 130mW into 32 ohm headphones
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: Two USB ports (one A port / one B port)
- Complete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/multi file transfer to/from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Operating System updates from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Software Editors: External editors for Mac OS X, Windows PC and iOS devices
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB and/or Flash Drive
- Included Accessories: Power cable, Switch pedal, USB cable, (4) self adhesive feet
- Height: (5.75") (14.6cm)
- Depth: (15") (38.1cm)
- Length: (52.5") (133.35cm)
- Weight: (27.25 lb.) (12.36 kg)
- Power: External Power Supply, 15VDC 2.5A